NDSU Extension Engineer Ken Hellevang shares information on how to clean a flooded home. You can download the presentation in PDF or view it with narration in five (5) sections on YouTube.
- How to Clean a Flooded Home PowerPoint – PDF
There are a variety of resources for how best to dry out your property after a disaster.
- Dry Out Before Rebuilding – NDSU Extension
- Drying & Repairing Your Home – NDSU Extension
- Drying out Your Home – FEMA
- Flood Damaged Walls, Ceilings and Floors – NDSU Extension
- Using a Moisture Meter Before Rebuilding – YouTube – NDSU Extension
The Environmental Protection Agency provides this guidance for homeowners and renters on how to clean up residential mold problems and how to prevent mold growth. Mold Remediation in Schools & Commercial Buildings
The Environment Protection Agency provides these guidelines for the remediation/cleanup of mold and moisture problems in schools and commercial buildings. Mold in My Home: What Do I Do?
The North Dakota Department of Health provides this fact sheet on what to do if you find mold in your home. Information on Mold Prevention & Removal
These provide information on the prevention of moisture build-up, mold prevention and removal of mold.